Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Mood of the Day

I just got a job offer from a major university not far from here! And even closer to my honey! Close enough that we could even live in the same house after we get married. It's a great position and the next logical step in my career. It's just, great.

The only bad thing about it is packing up the office, packing up the house, trying to find a place to live, figuring out how to get all this done in only 6 weeks, etc., etc....

But for now I'm celebrating!

7 comments:

JD Byrne said...

Congrats!

MountainLaurel said...

Thanks, JDB and JJ! And I'll be moving closer to your neck of the woods, so I'm more than open to any tips and/or advice you may have....

Banewood said...

Already said it, but this begs a quid pro quo image:
http://www.tswb.org/Portals/5/ForumImage/congarats.gif

MsJamie said...

Congratulations!! That's awesome!! So if you're coming closer to those other guys then you must be coming closer to me too :). I assume to my alma mater.

MountainLaurel said...

Thanks, Jamie! Yes, I'll be closer to you. And I think it is your alma mater!

Take care! Laurel

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!!!
Yeah, moving stinks, but you'll forget all about that when you're settled and loving the new job.

Congrats! That photo says it all!

Kayt Ludi said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful - I'm so happy for you :)

PS> you have all my sympathy re: the packing/moving thing, but once it's done it'll be great.