You're One Hundred Years of Solitude!
by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Lonely and struggling, you've been around for a very long time.
Conflict has filled most of your life and torn apart nearly everyone you know. Yet there
is something majestic and even epic about your presence in the world. You love life all
the more for having seen its decimation. After all, it takes a village.
Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.
Monday, August 27, 2007
Friday, August 24, 2007
So you won't all think I'm a huge whiny loser:
- I love a wonderful man and he loves me. Lots of people don't get that lucky.
- I work with a great bunch of people. They are all top-notch at what they do.
- I have friends. People often say, "Hi, Laurel, how are you?" And I KNOW they mean it.
- We have ceremonies where I work. I love ceremonies.
- I have a wonderful crawdad living in my back yard.
- My friends are virtual (like the ones at Appalachian Greens) as well as face-to-face. Heck, I've probably walked or driven past Kayak or Elvis, but neither of us would know it.
- I've been reading and sharing great books with my friends.
- Thus far this year, four beautiful babies have been born healthy to my friends. What's better than that? UPDATE: Five beautiful, healthy babies. That's what's better than four. Welcome, Chloe!
- I still can't count, but luckily I'm in a field where it really doesn't matter.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
- People who laugh when I have computer difficulties. I know, it's an occupational hazard, but PLEASE show some empathy when I've shagged my little tail over to your office and found that I'm having troubles too. Surprise: if it were easy you wouldn't have had to call me!
- People who swear that the impossible has happened, i.e., Them: "I know you can do a back handspring." Me: "Nope, I can't do a back handspring. Never could." Them: "but I SAW you do a back handspring last spring." ME: You must have seen someone else. Them: "No, it was you, I know it!" As if their being mistaken is a moral deficit.
- 13-hour days.
- Hurting feet.
- Endless humidity. Is this related to global warming?
- My honey is WAAAAY too far away.
- The fact that I can't count too well.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Monday, August 13, 2007
I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER? � Blog Archive A Special In-Depth Analysis by David McRaney - L337 Katz0rz � This article is a fascinating look at the LOLcat phenomenon, including the kitteh speak.