Saturday, July 21, 2007

What I'm Reading update


Last night I went to the College bookstore to wait in line and get my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I didn't really WANT to drive the 12 miles from my house to the bookstore, but it won't be open tomorrow, we'd already paid for our copies, and Mountain Man has to be out of town all next week, so he wouldn't be able to get it till the next weekend. And I have no restraint when it comes to Harry Potter. I stayed up till 4 a.m. to finish the first one, and the others are similarly addicting. So we came home and read till 2 a.m. I have to say that it moves quickly, perhaps the most quickly of any of the books. Then again, she doesn't have a whole lot of space to wrap things up.

I've also joined a cool new service called Good Reads. It's a social bookmarking site where you list the books you've read, you review books, and you can share the books that others are reading. I've already got 3 friends that I've invited, and I have to say it's pretty addicting. You can link to it from the right bar on my blog. I've concentrated on pleasure reading now, but later I'll be posting the professional books I've read, some of which are damn cool.

No comments: