Monday, September 15, 2008

Would You Have been a Nazi?

Here's a fascinating question: would you have been a Nazi? Take the test. It's quite interesting.

Here are my results:

Your result for The Would You Have Been a Nazi Test...

The Expatriate

Achtung! You are 31% brainwashworthy, 32% antitolerant, and 24% blindly patriotic


Congratulations! You are not susceptible to brainwashing, your values and cares extend beyond the borders of your own country, and your Blind Patriotism does not reach unhealthy levels. If you had been German in the 30s, you would've left the country.





One bad scenario -- as I hypothetically project you back in time -- is that you just wouldn't have cared one way or the other about Nazism. Maybe politics don't interest you enough. But the fact that you took this test means they probably do. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt.


Did you know that many of the smartest Germans departed prior to the beginning of World War II, because they knew some evil shit was brewing? Brain Drain. Many of them were scientists. It is very possible you could have been one of them.



Conclusion: born and raised in Germany in the early 1930's, you would not have been a Nazi.








The Would You Have Been A Nazi? Test

- it rules -

Take The Would You Have Been a Nazi Test at HelloQuizzy





But the problem is that I'm not sure that I would have left. I think I might have tried to stay and work for change. I know, dumb, dumb. What with the current state of affairs financially, I'm even more scared of the way things are going around here.

10 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

Wow. Really scary. (My results, not yours -- I would've turned a blind eye!)

MountainLaurel said...

The whole thing is pretty scary. Being a researcher, I'd like to see how it's put together and weighted. So I'd take it with a big old grain of salt.

I think that the reason the person created the test was for people to see how easy it can be to be taken in. I know that would have been my purpose had I created it.

I'd like to see what Ruppie has to say about my results. I know he was also an expat on the results, but he's not seen mine yet. Maybe Im' giving myself a bit too much credit.

Ruppie said...

Hey Laurel,
Not too surprised about you being an expat. I'm not sure what the other outcome options are though.

My results didn't surprise me at all. As I've watched the US during the Bush years, I've been saying repeatedly that Canada is looking pretty damn good. I'm very interested in politics, but history too. As the song says, "You've got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away,and know when to run."
A McCain/Palin win in November would be the time to run!

Christopher Scott Jones said...

I'm not a big fan of the way the quiz tries to go out of its way to make one feel like shit (the Cleveland Browns do that for me enough :) ).

My wife's grandmother managed to escape fascist Italy. Maybe I should call her up to tell her that she was chickenshit for not caring enough about politics; just her unborn baby.

Note that my irritation is with the quiz and not you.

JD Byrne said...

I'm an Expat, too, although I agree with Chris that these quizzes tend to beg more questions than they answer. All in good fun, I guess.

MountainLaurel said...

That's the one part of the results I had a big issue with. I think it's because we pay attention to politics that we are aware enough to know when to get the hell out. As did your grandma, Chris.

Remember too, that we don't know who made it, what things this is supposedly measuring, or how accurate it is. Take it with a huge grain of salt and enjoy the thinking that goes into your answers, as JDB says.

Anonymous said...

I got the same result you did (almost to the number!)

Given the current anti-Muslim paranoia (among other things), it makes me really nervous to think about Nazi Germany. Obviously, we don't learn from the past, because -- though we have a long way to go before we repeat something like that in our country -- some of the same types of thinking are definitely in place.

Anonymous said...

I just checked into your place and saw the quiz. I'm very suspicious of it, especially with the wording of the questions and answers.

I'm an expat also. My scores were 38% brainwashworthy, 23% antitolerant, and 38% blindly patriotic.

I also got the "you wouldn't care about Nazism" stuff. Which I vehemently disagree with. There is NO situation where a race of people or religion should be treated as the Nazi's treated Jews and non-Germans.

But -- it's an online poll.

MountainLaurel said...

Oh, I'm suspicious of it as well, Muze. I think it was effective though as I posted it to get many varied comments, which I've certainly gotten!

Thanks for playing everyone!

SagaciousHillbilly said...

These things are impossible to judge. Somebody makes up some sily test and proclaiming it's authenticity means nothing.
One of the greatest scientists of the 20th Century was Werner VonBraun. He was a brilliant and very compassionate man. Who only wanted To build rockets and go to the moon and beyond. At one point he was actually a member of the Nazi party in order to get the things he needed and have the suthority he needed for his rocket research.
He became a very patriotic American and one of the greatest scientists of all time.