Friday, July 02, 2004

The New York Times > Washington > Campaign 2004 > Strategy: Party Appeal to Churches for Help Raises Doubts

Am I the only one who remembers the separation of church and state? Don't get me wrong...I consider myself a Christian. But this is just ridiculous! Jesus himself said "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and unto God's what is God's." If I recall correctly, he never said anything about the road to heaven requiring baptism and voting Republican! On the other hand, I recall something about being "easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Maybe I missed the latest translation, though. The New York Times > Washington > Campaign 2004 > Strategy: Party Appeal to Churches for Help Raises Doubts

No comments: